Thursday, March 10, 2011

Life in a 26' travel trailer

Well it took me a full day to level the trailer and about 12 bruises. Once that was accomplished, it was dark.

So I had to wait to start the furnace. Wow was that a chore. I learned that if the propane tank is too low then I had to switch to the full tank. Once I figured that out, it took a while to purge the gas lines of air before the electric igniter would work. Another full day, but by the time it got dark I had heat. Woo Hoo.

Okay so after a week of running the furnace, I notice around 11:30pm that the furnace is blowing cold air. Out of propane already? Yes, that is what it was. I thought oh well, I will just turn it off and snuggle with Maya under the warm mink blanket.

I woke up very early the next day to 37 degrees in the trailer. What the heck? That is the outside temperature right?

Well the door came unlatched sometime in the middle of the night and was wide open. So in essence, I slept outside.

The next day I purchased a $15 electric ceramic heater with thermostat and safety tip over cut-off switch in case the dog accidently knocks it over. I now lock the door in addition to latching it at night, so my days of sleeping outside are over. I hope anyways. I guess I can always stand down at Walmart with my cardboard sign:
"Will blog for heat, food. Anything helps."


No comments: